Pages

Saturday, 14 December 2013

Blogmas Day 3: e.l.f haul






With the party season soon upon us I thought now would be a great time to show you my most recent e.l.f haul. They have recently opened a very cute little shop in Cardiff in one of the arcades so I just had to visit when I was over there last! 

Here is the overall picture, as you can see I went a little mad! 



One of the first items I picked up was the e.l.f eyeliner and shadow stick in basic and brown. The brown end is a narrow wind up pencil while the basic end is a more golden colour and much larger like a crayon allowing you to colour in your lid. I have been wearing this almost everyday since I got it! It's so easy to put on and I have been using the eyeshadow end as more of a highlighter in the inner corners of my eyes.

This will be great for the party season as the brown will really make blue eyes stand out while the more golden colour eyeshadow is a great addition to any outfit and makeup combo! 



I also grabbed one of these jumbo eyeshadow sticks in Forest Nymph, I did worry slightly that it was going to be a little too green for me but it is actually perfect for doing a smokey eye! It is quite a big nib so coverage is easy and this colour is quite dark but there is a slight sparkle in it as well. I find this blends really easily as well meaning I can blend it into the crease. 


I also got some more lip products ready for the winter and the cold weather! I picked up the Lip Balm with SPF 15 in Rose. Although it is winter it is always important to have some SPF on to protect against those harmful rays! This balm is tinted with a red, but it is not so much that you look like you are wearing lipstick. It is also very compact so can fit into any clutch bag easily! 



Talking of lip products I also picked up this Lip Exfoliator. It was a bit of a strange feeling the first few times I used it! It smells really nice as well! You are meant to put it on and then wipe off with a damp cloth but I put it on before bed and gave my lips a bit of a scrub then woke with lovely soft lips!


I also got one of their HD Blush based on lots of reviews I had seen. I picked it up in superstar and couldn't wait to try it. Every review I read said that you only had to use a small amount,  they were right! I squeezed out a full pump and only used a fraction of it! This will last a long time but it also blends nicely and give a more powder look when completely blended. 


I also found the Daily Moisturising stick and thought I would give it a go. I mean it was small enough that I could pop it in a bag or an overnight kit. When I tried it out it was like putting a glue stick all over my face (not that it was sticky!) but it uses the same technique!


Finally I picked up two nail varnishes ready for the Christmas period! I got dark purple which had sparkles and glitter in which defiantly drew me to it! This is a lovely colour and the sparkle is subtle enough that it could be worn throughout the winter period. The second one was a gold glitter with slightly larger pieces of glitter in. I love this one as a all over nail colour or a tip colour. This will be great for Christmas party nails (which I will be doing as Day 3 of Blogmas! )


Some of the best Christmas Party looks can be made with these items including the classic smokey eye with the basic and brown eyeliner as well as putting a little sparkle and highlight. You can maintain the perfect winter glow as well with the HD Blush to go along with the lovely Christmassy nails. Even just a lick of mascara and a deep berry lip will look great at any christmas!

B